Monday, August 12, 2013

the art of the music video: "this is gospel"

There are few who appreciate the true art that is creating a music video to properly suit a song. For me, it's something I look forward to when an artist releases a new song. Panic! At The Disco's new album comes out in October, and their first two singles have definitely impressed me. "Miss Jackson", both the song and video, reminded me too much of Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" so I was skeptical about the second single. "This Is Gospel" sucked me in with the song, I felt like I could definitely relate to this song, to the point where it almost hurt. I decided to watch the video late last night and damn, it really hit home. Brendon Urie is quite talented with not only his vocals, but his acting abilities in this video. It was phenomenal how certain parts had my heart racing. Kudos Brendon.

No comments:

Post a Comment