Monday, August 26, 2013

stuck in my head: episode 3

With the VMAs this week, it's safe to say that my Spotify took some interesting turns, but I took a trip down memory lane for sure. I also have some new music that I think will go places. 

1. "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus- Girl went insane at the VMAs but listening to this song the morning after definitely was her saving grace. I think it's a really interesting turn to take after "We Can't Stop" because it slows down the tone of the album, yet her vocals and lyrics are so powerful that they catch your attention. Looking forward to the new album. 

2. Bruno Mars' entire "Unorthodox Jukebox" album- Once again I am a bit late to the game on this one, but last night after his performance of "Gorilla" I knew I had to give in. From start to finish this album is great, and Mars fails to disappoint. My favorite by far is "Young Girls", but I have a feeling I will change that at least once the more I listen. 

3. "Pretty Brown Eyes" by Cody Simpson- Heard this catchy gem for the first time on a local Columbia station and was HOOKED. Being a brown-eyed girl, I might be a bit biased towards this song in the sense that I love it far too much, but I do not care. There is no shame in having a Cody Simpson song on your playlist every once in a while. Wave that cougar flag with pride, ladies. 

4. "Almost is Never Enough" by Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes- Two of the most underrated voices in music, honestly. Grande is one of those actresses who is viewed outside of her work as her characters she portrays. Fortunately, she is a great role models for young girls today. She is very poised, and her songs are beautiful. Bringing in a strong voice like Sykes was just what she needed. The song is so romantic, and the video is so cute. I have played this song an obnoxious amount of times with no intention of stopping anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment