Monday, September 16, 2013

best of both worlds: the most phenomenal cover I have heard in a while


Shortly after giving The 1975 a deeper listen, I saw all over Twitter that they had covered pop smash hit "What Makes You Beautiful." At first I was a little skeptical as to how this was going to go, because it seemed like two completely different sounds coming together for this. After the first chorus, I was hooked. It's such a beautiful rendition of the song, because it makes it sound, for lack of a better word, more mature. As if my 1D craze needed another addition to the madness. I think this cover shows how diversified a band can get. The 1975 already has quite a unique sound, but the fact that they can crossover and cover this song of such great stature with their own spin, and have it sound this beautiful, speaks volumes of them as a band. Kudos, fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment